Basketball Education Academy
The Basketball Academy is a partnership between Barnet Southgate College and SVTS
“ Our aim is to ensure that students progress on and off the basketball court "
This exciting opportunity for Male and Female students aged 16 to 19 gives them the opportunity to train regularly during the week, play friendly and competitive matches against other colleges/academies and clubs. Most importantly students will receive full time education at Barnet and Southgate College. Most of the training and lessons will take place at the Southgate Campus but training and games will also be played at other venues such as Grahame Park Campus, which is our primary match venue. Some of the benefits and highlights of the scheme are listed below:
You can expect…
- A range of courses available including BTEC Level 1 to 3 in Sport, A Level Sports
- Compulsory completion of Functional Skills in English and Maths
- Basketball training and specific fitness sessions delivered by SVTS qualified coaches and complimentary staff
- Feedback on training and performance from professional staff
- Full schedule / timetable of lessons / regular training and games (playing in a competitive colleges league)
- Access to fully qualified physiotherapists / sports therapists at the college
- Regular use of gym facilities at College
- Work experience / work placement within the sports industry
- Opportunity to complete Level 1 & 2 coaching awards in basketball, England Basketball referee and table officials courses- which will enable you to work within the basketball industry, with a guarantee of employment for successful students.
- Scholarships to Universities in America available for skilled players with good academic results.